Hey all - I just wanted to give a quick shout out.
I recently got some new colors of the Waxed Jewelry Cord from Sandra, over at The Knotty Do It All.
I just LOVE this waxed cord and here's why:
- You can twist it so that it separates and use smaller holed beads with it.
- It's synthetic (not silk, linen or cotton) so you can melt the ends with your thread zapper (or the flame from a lighter if you're that brave and coordinated!) - No Need For Glue!!
- The colors are pretty steadfast,....no running, fading, etc. that I've encountered.
- It doesn't stretch with wear the way waxed linen, silk or waxed cotton seems to stretch.
- The color choices are awesome! Check out the link here to Sandra's shop to see for yourself!
- It's sturdy. I mean really sturdy. (Pile on those heavy, glass designer beads and see!!)
- It works up wonderfully whether you're knotting it, doing macrame or simply stringing with it - it has this 'drape' to it that is just super!
- It's not too 'waxy', but enough that it does exactly what you want a waxed cord to do.
- Did I mention the colors,....and that it's really sturdy?
- Quality cord. Simple as that!
Here's the colors I have on hand at the moment.
|Vino is my favorite. I use it all the time, but I think that Med. Brown and Java may have a new place in my heart this fall season!! And that Agave - swoon!!|
I keep joking with Sandra that I'm eventually going to add some additional 'color' to my life and order some reds or something else!!
Seriously,...how much more 'neutral-black, gray, brown-ish' could I get? LOL!
I created this knotted, large hole pearl necklace and bracelet set using the Waxed Jewelry Cord I purchased from Sandra's Knotty-Do-It-All shop.
It's a fun, versatile and excellent quality cord.
If you have any questions about this cord, shoot me an email, leave a comment here on the blog or hop on over to The Knotty-Do-It-All website and ask Sandra herself!
She's super nice and is just a wealth of information!
|Sandra Younger at the Tucson Gem Show|
Until Next Time,
Peace, Love and Waxed Jewelry Cord Fun!
I have also been using this wonderful cord for my necklaces and love it! I have several beautiful colors but it looks like I'll have to get a few more---thanks for the update on the cord and your necklace and bracelet are beautiful. :)ReplyDelete
I have a couple colors of her cord and I do have to say that it is some of my favorite. What I really like is the fact that it doesn't leave a waxy residue on my fingers when I am knotting it.ReplyDelete